Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

latest news

February's first week in Lebanon has been one cold cold front from Europe. what good could come out of Europe? hehe.
I will be starting work tomorrow at a large bookstore. I am required to "wear multiple hats", as my boss framed it, meaning work in publishing, editing, sales and database. The Lord was unstoppable in handing me the job. One difficult evening I had cried out to Jesus to have me financially independent. The next day i received a phone call from a contact who had already recommended me for the job a few days prior.

Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

I pray the Lord will bless me to be responsible, wise and above all, to bear a good testimony to His name.

A new semester is also starting. My last one was the best since I had been rid of many a burden and could better concentrate on acknowledging Jesus through mine academia also, something I had always failed to do, much less thought of.

The church's ranks are swollen with visitors. Especially I think of an unfortunate, delightful group of youth, numbering about a dozen native Mongolians who were thrown in the country without pass-port, food, shelter or money, having been promised work opportunities. Human smuggling. nothing new here. In any case, they happened to be cramped in a single room in a near-by building to the church's meeting place. One of our sisters in Christ, from Madagascar, met them wanderting in front of the church floor, and invited them in for the Wednesday Bible Study. They also came on Sunday. The church gathered money, food, and one member from Nepal took care of providing blankets also. They were visited in their apartment and were told of the love of the Son of God dying in their stead on the cross. So their unfortunate trip turned out to be the opportunity to listen to the Word of God and be saved from judgement.
Is the Lord awesome or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds