Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home Renovations

John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

The verse above has been a source of comfort for me on many occasion when I did not understand what was going on. You may recollect that my condo has been on the market since 9 May but has not sold so far. I would not buy until I sold, however, as time went by I found myself buying a house at a good price only because it needed renovations and had an unfinished basement. So what? The brothers in the church volunteered to help rebuild so on with it. I bought and last Wednesday the work began. As you all know, hissab el souk is not like hissab el baidar (an arabic expressesion to denote that you calculate one thing and end up with another). One job leads to another, and now I see that the house will not be habitable as soon as I hoped for. There is a lot of work to be done. We demolished a wall in the kitcken in order to make it bigger. Building a bathroom in the basement has not begun yet since the plumber (the third one so far) keeps postponing. Renovating the powder room, we now discover there had been a leak which the building inspector had not noticed and was not declared by the previous owner, etc.

Yesterday, however, a propsective buyer came to see my condo. Of all the people who came, this lady fell in love with the apartment. and she might want it for 1 January 2007, a date which I would have refused a month or so ago. Looking back I can now understand why the Lord had delayed the sale. I would have been out on the street if I had accepted a selling date close to 15 November. What the Lord had in mind for me was a beautiful town house with a garden, garage, and a fire place. Three bedrooms and three bathrooms, etc. All of which is more than I could hope for. The timing would be perfect if the sale goes through with this last buyer.

As I said, I continue to trust the Lord that he does everything beautiful in his own good time and for his pleasure.

I love you Lord Jesus.

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This is really off topic and by the time you read it, it may be too late. However, the Lord does work wonders when people pray, so I have an emergency prayer request:

    I have been praying that the Lord give me an opportunity to tell a friend of mine about Him. That prayer has been answered, (in a weird way). She told me about her broken home and her inability to do anything about it. Then she told me that her prayers to God aren't even working (She is Catholic--however, she is sincere in that she truly wants to believe on Christ. However family, pressures, etc...are in the way.) This was an opportunity for me to start talking; unfortunately the bell rang. I am sending her an email right now. Please pray that the Lord open her heart and she truly accept him, just like Cornelius in Acts.

    Thanks
    joe
    Genesis 3:15 said...
    By the way, I would like to congratulate the Pen of Iron website team for publishing a new comment. After waiting for almost a week and a half, the one (or two) fans of this site were finally refreshed by a new post.
    Below is a certificate of recognition:





    ___________________________________

    CONGRATULATIONS:

    This award goes to :


    PEN OF IRON TEAM

    for:

    MAKING A POST ON THE INTERNET.
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Joe. I am praying for you that the Lord would give you words and wisdom and for your friend and her situation.

    Now "on topic" as opposed to "off topic", I am looking for a relevant comment on the new post.
    Redeemed said...
    haha, Joe...and LOL mom.

    The house will look fabulous and we will spend the New Year together as a family praising the Lord for His goodness.
    Genesis 3:15 said...
    the house will be, and I quote, "fabulous." I am looking forward to hearing about the new "residence" and all the joys that will come out of it (or into it).


    That was my "on topic" comment......



    talk to you later

    (or in about a month or so, considering the speed at which you guys post on this site.) (Just kidding)

    joe
    Anonymous said...
    i'm serious....i am very/ really happy for you guys
    Redeemed said...
    Thanks, Joe. Glad you got to see the condo this summer, it was very nice seeing you (& the fam) in Montreal!

    Next time you come, you can stay with us at the house. You'll crash the basement with Rev. :)
    Anonymous said...
    Suuurrreeee....we gonna set da house on fire man!!

    Just kidding (i'm not like that....ahem)


    Anyways, thanks for your prayers for preaching to that one girl. The Lord struck at my pride in a wonderful way (one which he has never used before). Y'all know that I have been praying for this girl since summer. Well guess what!...SHe got saved of the Holy SPirit's accord during the summer. THe Lord guided her through the Psalms and showed her the futility of Catholicism and the beauty of CHrist in His full glory. My email did nothing but help her along in that faith. Just goes to show you that (1) prayer goes a long way and (2) God can use the simple beauties of His Word (aka the Psalms) to make known the glories of His truth....! AWESOME!


    One more thing....new prayer request (you guys are probably getting good at this thing). Thanks to Auntie's help, I am now done with my application. It is now sent in. Please pray that I get into the four colleges that I have applied to (or at least one of them). One of the colleges will send me their decision (whether or not I am accepted)on December 15. The other three will send me their decisions in March.

    Thanks very much,

    Joe
    Consecrated said...
    Good job Joe.
    Pls. keep me posted.
    Praying for you and your friends.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds