Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Taking stock of God's goodness - Year End Inventory

Psalms 65:11 - Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.


At the end of each year, I like to sit down and take stock of the good and the bad that had transpired throughout the preceding months. To do that, I pull out a small and private notebook where I keep track both of requests which I put before the Lord at the beginning of each year, and then I tick each one off at the end of the year, whether they were granted or whether they were denied. In addition, I have an entry which I call "unexpected blessings in (year)". It is this particular section of my notebook that I enjoy most as I make entries of all the unexpected things that the Lord has blessed me with.

For 2006 I have plenty of items which I will enter under the title of "Unexpected blessings". Indeed Lord "thou crownest the year with thy goodness". In talking about God's goodness, there is a verse which unfailingly comes to my mind. Here it is:

Romans 2:4 - Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Isn't it amazing that it is not God's anger, but his goodness, that leads to repentance?

I like to take stock of God's goodness. Hope you do too.

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I like that verse and the point made, that God's goodness leads to repentance, not his anger. I am so thankful to be able to know him as my Savior. I always accepted things as facts, but this year I realized how good I had it, while others are so lost in this world. That is and always be his goodness to me and all the blessings that he gives, wether I realize what they are, or not!
    Thanks for bringing up that thought, it allows one to rethink the past year and how great it really has been!
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for your comment, Danielle. Your words are a sure demonstration of spiritural growth.

    Not sure what you meant about "accepted things as facts". Did you mean to say "took things for granted"? As you said, we should rejoice over God's bountiful goodness whether we see it or not.
    Redeemed said...
    Thanks for this post, indeed it has been a good year :)
    Anonymous said...
    it has. however, my internet smiley face is still better--> :D

    (that was really random....but that's okay)

    joe
    Anonymous said...
    Its ahrd to explain... I knew that I was blessed, but never really felt it. I was thankfulbut there always seemed I was doing something wrong, something was missing, so I guess I did take the blessings given to me for grated! I hope that makes a little bit more sense.
    Consecrated said...
    Joe, thanks for the smile.

    Danielle, The important thing is, I guess, that the Lord has brought you to a point where you now realize how good he has been and continues to be to all his children.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hope you all have a blessed year 2007.

    Note to Hiba: There is nothing in my hotmail account from you. I never got the e-mail you mentioned.
    Anonymous said...
    Be Still my soul,
    the Lord is on thy side...
    Anonymous said...
    George, did you get my email?


    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!


    joe
    Redeemed said...
    Hey Joe. Happy new year to you also, AND, may I add, HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU!

    Don't worry, you do NOT look like a monkey NOR do you smell like one too, NOR do you belong in a zoo :)
    Anonymous said...
    Was that a compliment or an insult? And who said I looked like a monkey?! I'm gonna get them! :<> (That's my war-cry internet face)


    Anyways, Happy New Year and thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope that you Canadians had some fun--I hear it's boring up there....just kidding.

    Here's a joke for the year:

    A blonde, redhead, and brunette all go to rob a store. After they rob the store, they all walk outside and find themselves surrounded by police. The brunette decides to make a break for it and cries, "Look--its a tornado!" All the policemen turned to see and the brunette got away. The redhead then thought to herself, "That's a good idea. I'm going to try it to!" So she cried, "Hailstorm!" And of course, she got away. Lastly, the blonde decided to try her luck. She cried, "Fire!" And all the policemen fired.


    p.s. she died.

    Joe

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds