Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Monday, August 23, 2004

"and they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ" end of Acts 5


Friday: after the men's prayer meeting, a youth on fire for the Lord by the name of Mark and myself, at his suggestion (being led by the Holy Spirit), went witnessing publicly in Metro Cote Vertu, passing tracts and sometimes shouting out the only Gospel of Jesus Christ. There the Lord sent some reinforcements in the form of 2 Christian African-Canadians, who spontaneously decided to join in and help with the tracts. A beautiful multi-national testimony was thusly weaved up, to the glory of Jesus who came for every kindred, tongue, tribe and nation.
(One of them by the name of Junior, came to Church on Sunday, later that day descending upon the same battlefield of love along with ourselves.)
We received our share of insults but walked out joyous for the seeds of hope that were clearly planted in some.

Saturday: A group of 5 went down to do the same in Metro Guy-Concordia. That was also an evening filled with action as I somewhat foolishly strayed from the group being engaged in a conversation with a man of false religion. (Jesus sent out His disciples 2 by 2). I lost track of time and never alerted the rest of us as to my whereabouts. Mark was sent out in search of me, but soon found himself also witnessing to a couple that were drinking the words of Life. At the end of the night all worked out well, and some soil had definitely been churned.

Sunday: Back at Metro Cote-Vertu and with Junior again, though he soon had to leave. Again and as expected, some did not approve, but the day was fruitful, even as a young man lifted up a prayer with Mark in the metro's underground exit area.

Monday: Welcome Hall Mission. A place for the poor and homeless to rest and have a decent meal. Men and women of the Church presented 2 hymns and distributed tracts and talked to whomever wished as the crowd were taking and eating their meals. I was told of one Arabic speaking man, Iraqi-Turkish, with whom I sat and shared the Lord Jesus. Much bitterness doth he harbour, though mentally accepting Christ on the cross for his sins. He offered a peach from his meal and an Arabic Bible was given him in exchange. He promised to try coming to the Church.

Needless to say those are big prayer requests right there, not solely for the spiritually dead as we once were, but also for all the lukewarm believers who would shrink from sharing the Gospel when they are called to do so.
Junior wondered at the zeal he witnessed:
"does it come easy to you guys?" he asked.
His answer came as spontaneously and honestly as could come, something akin to :
" far from it, but by continuous, fervent prayer, one overcomes"
And later:
" Soon you do it not from duty, but from love and joy which consumes the innerman"
All glory to Jesus our God, who is the Rock of Ages believers stand upon

12 Comments:

  1. Seth said...
    Hey habibi,

    Let me know your phone # in Montreal before you go, so I can call you there--I would love to connect with you ablma rayih 3ala libnan (wa ablma rayih ana 3ala falestin, inshallah). You should also visit Lina Mougharbel if you get a chance--I'll give you her # if you call me.

    Seth
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    blessings, Seth,

    I just listened to your message, I called you back only to hear your answering machine also. It's a great surprise, we will talk soon Lord will, and to join our prayers to Him.
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Hi I'd love to thank you for such a great made forum!
    thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

    Sincerely,
    Laurence Todd
    if you're ever bored check out my site!
    [url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/bridal-shower-party-supplies.html]bridal shower Party Supplies[/url].
    Anonymous said...
    I wish not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Specially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.
    Anonymous said...
    Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.
    Anonymous said...
    [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Forget Laggin Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Rapidly Find HD Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them at Electric Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]
    Anonymous said...
    good evening fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices for the shoes are all over 250 bucks on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?
    Anonymous said...
    Hello. And Bye.
    Anonymous said...
    good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that particular model. The prices as regards the sneakers are around 180 dollars on every page. But finally I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?
    Anonymous said...
    good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that particular make. The prices for the shoes were about 210 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you tell me about these?
    Anonymous said...
    It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]adsense blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood avenues to produce an income online.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds