Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Monday, March 21, 2005

rumours of a bomb in my area

I am writing from a net-cafe near my apartment. One of the guys here received a message a few moments ago that a bomb was found not far from here. At first we were not too concerned given the lebanese tradition of "salting" any potentially significant news. Then came a couple of men with the same story, claiming that the road around the bomb area was blocked, and security was in place. An officer of the latter apparently informed one of the men that it was a 350 kgs car-bomb. I can't judge the veracity of the details, but it is unsettling news nonetheless. For those of you who know the layout of Ashrafieh, you can simply imagine what that would do.
Please keep Lebanon in the fervour of your prayers. We want peace, and the flow of the Word of God. If death should find us, may it be for the sake of His glory.

Will post more if the news is confirmed or denied.

========================================================
Update:
I just drove down the main lane and in fact saw the yellow tape forbidding entry to a perpendicular street. As I was u-turning, a "darak" (closest thing to the western police)jeep was coming up the street. So I u-turned once more and sped to catch up with them about a kilometer back up, past Sassine square, half-way to Sodeco square. I waved to bid them open their window and proceeded to enquire of the situation.
Their reply was that they were clearing some cars for "asphalt" renovation.

The guys back here at the net-cafe enjoyed the humour.
That is more of a confirmation than a flat-out "yes".

I have Psalm 91. May the Lord spare us all a war.
There is a judge of nations, and yet a day of reckoning.

4 Comments:

  1. Consecrated said...
    Praying for your safety. Feeling very concerned. Pls. don't put yourself in risky situations. Have e-mailed you a very pertinent verse.
    Consecrated said...
    I guess the explosion today confirms that the agents of evil are busy at work. Pls. limit your movements.
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    It's not nearly long enough my brother, not nearly long enough!

    Thank you for the surprise, I know how difficult it must have been to actually interact with a weblog, 'preciate it ;)

    Lord will I should be in DC this summer. I will be clean shaven, that they might allow me within the country hehe.

    I will have you and your situation in my prayers;
    may the Lord set your footsteps and shine His face upon you.
    Consecrated said...
    Romans12:18 . Thanks for your compliment. You are most welcome to can visit us in Montreal this summer.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds