Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Who are the "Watchers'!

In one of the recent posts by Rev. 2:17 he pointed to a verse in the Book of Daniel (4:17) which refers the "Watchers". That aroused my curiosity, and I promised to research the subject further.

This morning during a visit to the Official Antarctica Page, I clicked on "Myths and Legends" not knowing what to expect. To my surprise, here's an excerpt of what I found. The reference is to the Book of Enoch which is famous for talking about the fall of the angels. Now before I quote, I want to reassure everybody that the Book of Enoch is NOT an inspired book and I am NOT endorsing anything the following text says. Just for fun however, and for the sake of those who are curious like me, here it is.

"According to the Bible, angels once walked upon the surface of the earth. Speculation also exists that they are the missing 'master' race. In 1773, a British explorer, James Bruce, discovered a scroll in Abyssinia (Ethiopia) that was a full copy of the Book of Enoch, which appeared to be a Book of the Bible, written in the 2nd century BC. This text had existed in fragmentary form, written in Aramaic, in Europe for centuries, but had been rejected by the Catholic Church as heresy. The text itself deals with a group of angels on Earth called "The Watchers", who dwelt in a high place".

Take it or leave it. I just thought it was an interesting reference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds