Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mighty in the scriptures?

Greetings to all the brothers and sisters in Christ. As I read this passage this morning, I stopped at length when I read the character details given about a certain man whom the Bible said was MIGHTY in the scriptures. I don't think I have read as many descriptions about any one man as far as the knowledge of the scriptures are concerned as this passage contains. I have highlighted in bold all the adjectives and adverbs employed by the Holy Spirit, and I ask myself were someone to describe me as a Christian would I fit some (let alone all) of what you see below? Do I know the scriptures more perfectly? Am I so mighty in the scriptures that I can convince others publicly and show them from the scriptures that Jesus is Christ the Lord? Take a personal quiz and see how many of the following traits apply to you too.

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. 27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace: 28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

I guess this is the same Apollos that Paul spoke about in the first chapter of his first letter to the Corinthinans.

2 Comments:

  1. Revelation 2:17 said...
    Impressive. Now i'm seriously interested. That was one great post/insight.

    P.S. I see you're using bold AND color. bwavo
    Consecrated said...
    I am flattered. Thanks son.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds