Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Street preaching and Tract passing

I am so excited because the men in my church have a desire to start a street preaching ministry in Spring. I can't wait for Spring. In the meantime we continue to pass tracts to the residents of Montreal every Saturday. Praise the Lord. Two young men prayed with me at the Metro today and trusted Jesus as their Saviour. I find that when I pray and spend a lot of time with the Lord in the Word, he always rewards with souls getting saved.
Before leaving home this morning I prayed and asked the Lord to bless us as we hit the Metro for tract passing. In the beginning there were two of us, but 3 men from my church joined us a bit later. There is something encouraging about numbers. It feels good when a large number of us go out in God's service. We were passing tracts left and right to everyone we see. Apparently I had given this fellow a tract, but I hadn't noticed. He was lazing around waiting from some friends. When I approached him again, and again, he pulled out several tracts from his pocket and said to me. Look I have them all. Did you read them, and did you understand what you read, I said. He eagerly replied but it was obvious he had not understood. We started talking. I explained the gospel to him. He said he had been reading the Bible, but he did not know how to get saved. I explained the gospel to him and he agreed that he was a sinner in need of salvation. He also agreed to pray to with me. We moved away from traffic, and together we bowed down our heads. I prayed first, and then he followed. I told him, you ask the Lord in your own words, to forgive you your sin and to give you eternal life. After he did that I strongly admonished him to feed his soul on the word of God. He left me feeling quite happy. Later when his friends arrived, he called out to me "Miss, these are my friends". He sounded happy. I got the impression he wanted me to witness to them as well. But only one of them accepted a tract from me. The other just looked away.

Then just as I was getting ready to leave at around 3pm, I overheard my daughter talking a fellow as they approched. She had been witnessing to the fellow but decided it would be better to bring him over to me. I sent up a silent prayer for wisdom as I tried to find out more about his faith or lack thereof. The Lord opened my mouth. For 30 minutes I spoke the word of God, and expounded the gospel to him. It was obvious the young man was searching. As I reminded him of the prodigal son, I could tell he was convicted of sin. I showed him from scripture (in John) how he can get saved. He would pray at night in his apartment, he said. I asked him, can you guarantee that you'll live till tonight. Why not pray right now with me. He accepted. We moved to a quiet corner, we both bowed down our heads and there Roger gave his life to the Lord. Before he left, I reminded him that there are four types of soil, that Satan would be very quick to steal the word from his heart, or that the worries of the world might choke the word. He promised he was going to feed on his Bible daily, and by God's grace be the good soil that bringeth forth fruit.

Praise God for his goodness. I came home feeling so very happy that God still uses this weak vessel to spread the gospel. Hadn't I prayed that He would send labourers because the fields are white unto harvest but the labourers are few? Didn't Jesus command us to bring forth fruit that the Father may be glorified? Amen Lord. I feel humbled in your presence, yet I rejoice along with the angels over one soul that is saved. How much more two in one day. Praise God.

4 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    I do street preaching nearly every saturday. I find that it is a really effective method of evangelism.

    A friend of mine said he had more conversations about the Lord the first time he preached on the streets in Worcester than he had in months of house visiting.

    May the Lord bless you in your witnessing.
    Consecrated said...
    I am delighted to that from you dyspraxic fun... . It is a very rewarding experience, spiritually speaking. God bless you and your friends as you take the gospel to the street of the country that was one of the most influential in spreading the gospel.

    I am very happy because that is the first time I get a hint from you that you are actually engaged in His Service. I was afraid you were studying theology like so many others do: just for the knowledge.

    Praise God for courageous young men and women who have a desire to obey the Master reching out to souls saving them eternal damnation.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Well, I do not know if the Lord may call me into full-time service. I am studying theology primarily so I can make a career in research or teaching. But I know the Lord will use me.

    I felt lead to start leading the Finnish language and the Lord may well call me into service in Finland, a very needy country.

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    God Bless
    Consecrated said...
    If it is any comfort, I am praying for you that God's perfect will may be accomplished in your life.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds