Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

It's not for me. Oh Really!?

It is one of those answers. You witness to somebody about the Lord and the answer pops up.
I appreciate what you are doing, but it is not for me!

Pastor Rick Sowell from Hope Baptist Church in Toledo, Ohio will be holding revival meetings at our church during the last three days of April, and because this is such a special occasion, here am I all excited trying to rally the troops to come and hear the Word of God.

Patricia retired from work about a year ago. On her last day of employment I treated her to lunch at a nice Chinese diner. This made her very happy because no one had invited her to the place before. I thanked the Lord and hoped that she would see my Christian love as I witnessed to her about her need for salvation. She was a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) she explained but nothing more transpired that day. She gave me her home number and we agreed that I'd invite her to church next time we had a revival. Guess what. A month ago, Patricia was called in to replace a lady who is on maternity leave. Today, the Lord opened my mouth and I invited her to the revival. "I know you are trying to save me, she said, but this is not for me".

The Word of God is for everybody, I replied. This is not for me, she repeated. What do you mean it is not for you, I insisted. We are all created alike, body, soul and spirit. We all have a destiny and after death we either go into everlasting life, or eternal damnation, I explained.
Where are you going to spend your eternity?

I don't know, she said.

Jesus loves you and he wants to save you. You need not suffer for eternity. Jesus paid a hefty price to give you happiness. For once, give yourself a chance, I pleaded with her. Come and hear the Word. Let the Holy Spirit work in your heart to heal you from whatever scar or reason is causing you to answer me like this. This preacher does not come very often. Please plan to come and let the Word of God work in your heart, I pleaded again and again.

We will talk again, she replied. As she walked back to her desk, I did not know what to think.

I will try to talk to her again.
May the Lord open her eyes to see that the Word of God is for her and for everyone.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    It is really sad how some people are so blind, but all we can do is tell the truth, show the love of God and then just pray that the Holy Spirit works in their heart. So i will pray for the lady and all the others who are still in the dark!
    Redeemed said...
    It's funny that she said "I know you are trying to save me". I wonder if she acknowledges that she needs salvation, yet refuses to let Christ do the saving.

    Keep talking to her and praying for her, as Danielle said!
    Consecrated said...
    Intesting comment there Sarah.

    It is indeed sad, Danielle.

    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.(II Corinthians 4:4)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds