Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Reading an old post

It is good to scroll back from time and time and read your own posts. You'd be surprised to see your own words speak back to you. They could be a consolation as you go through the fiery trials.

Moreover, God was merciful in allowing me to be at my church this weekend and listen to two Navajo preachers, Wilson Calvin and Terrence Calvin preached to us (along with Stan Scot and Charles Andrews) for their preaching catered to my needs in many ways.

Here are some edited selections from a post dated January 2007 entitled Salted by fire or burned with fire. Which one are you?

Tested and tried, perfected and purified. That should be the case for every Christian. If not, then burned with fire is the judgement that awaits those who deny our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:29 - For our God is a consuming fire.

We will all appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ 1 Corinthians 3:13 - Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

In the meantime, our lives are salted and we are offered as a living sacrifice for the Godly fire is at work in our lives perfecting and purifying us. Mark 9:49 - For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

Talk out trials. My mother's summer accident has been a severe trial in my life. Trying us:1 Peter 1:7 - That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Purifying us:1 Peter 1:22 - Seeing ye have purified.

We know that gold is purified in fire Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire.

Isn't that encouraging to read when you are going through fiery trials.
Thank you Lord Jesus for your living word. Like the rain on a dry ground, it shall always accomplish its purpose and refresh some thirsty soul.

5 Comments:

  1. Shannon said...
    Georges, one of my favorite songs we used to sing in choir is "How Firm a Foundation." One of my favorite lines is "When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie, my grace all sufficient shall be thy supply. The flame will not hurt thee, I only design, thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine."
    I've had some seriously fiery trials over the last couple of years. Last week in training we heard many great men speak and one thing that was really impressed upon my heart was that everything you do today will either be rewarded or burn at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
    What a great weekend we had!
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for dropping by Shannon.
    Leila
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    Hi shannon,

    I've been meaning to request that hymm in church. I'm happy for you and the victory the Lord gave you about your dad. I have my own trials with mine, but isn't it great how that the Lord stands out as such a loving, forgiving, wise, faithful and balanced Father to us compared to our earthly fathers?

    Mom,
    I'll keep praying for you. I'n glad you wrote that post. I want you to come forth like gold as Job said. I want to see you joyous.
    Redeemed said...
    That was a good post, mom.
    I really like "tested and tried, perfected and purified". I have to remember that!
    Consecrated said...
    Oh, did I say that? Umm. I like what I said. I think I'll go back and read it for the third time.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds