Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, August 10, 2007

When bad things happen to good people

Why do bad things happen to good people? This question has been asked over and over again, and I do not think the answer is easy to give. Needless to say that according to God’s word in Romans 10:12, there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Over three weeks ago, my 81 year old mother who came to visit me from California fell down the stairs at my home. We woke up at 1:30 in the morning to the sound of a thump, only to find her lying on the middle landing of the stairs half conscious in a pool of blood. She was immediately transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital where I have spent the last two and half weeks of my life. She had suffered severe head trauma with five broken ribs.

My mother is a very godly woman. It broke my heart to see her lying in such pain and agony as she suffered hemorrage in the skull, fractured ribs with complications to follow including a strange hormone that the brain started producing, followed by a sharp drop in the blood sodium level as the white cells tripled coupled with urinary tract infection. She almost contracted pneumonia which would have threatened her already weak heart condition, not to mention the bruises and hematoma all over her body. She also lost her mobility, etc.

Why did all that happen? I don't know yet. We had just returned from a revival in Ohio, and were glorifying the Lord as another one was waiting for us at our local church. My mother and I were planning to go to yet another Arabic revival later in August. Then disaster struck.

I spent the first three days in the emergency ward by her bedside not knowing if she will or will not make it. Thankfully prayers were lifted up everywhere and the Lord saw us through. She is now recovering slowly but surely.

God never answered Job about all his troubles. I hope I will get an answer some day. In the meantime, I am thankful she is alive.

8 Comments:

  1. David Wyatt said...
    Praying for you & your Mom. God Bless.
    Consecrated said...
    Thank you. We need a lot of prayer.
    Father's Grace Ministries said...
    Praying for peace, comfort & healing.I checked your blog as I noticed Sarah hadn't posted for a while ,& I was hoping nothing was wrong.
    Claire from Australia
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for your concern and for your prayers. Indeed, Sarah and we all have been overwhelmed with this unexpected turn of events. What was supposed to be a fun summer turned out to be a very difficult one.
    Genesis 3:15 said...
    "The answer is clear when to Christ you draw near."

    joe
    Corry said...
    I am so sorry. I will remember your Mom in my prayers!

    God's Grace.
    Consecrated said...
    Joe,
    Seeing you in Montreal was the silver lining about that cloud. Your sense of humour lighten up the atmospher.

    Corry,
    That is sweet. Thanks a lot.
    Redeemed said...
    Claire & Corry, thank you for your prayers and for your concerns!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds