Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The blessings of public transport

Did you know that taking a bus, riding a train, or taking the subway can be a blessing. Here's proof. Tuesday morning I was on the train going to work when a young fellow got on the train and sat in the seat facing me. Soon he reached out to grab a morning paper that must have been left behind by a previous passenger. I immediately pulled out a tract "The Romans Road to Heaven" from my purse and gave it to the young man saying "here's something to read if you like". The fellow looked at the tract and said "Oh I have it". When I queried how come "someone gave me a copy at the Metro Cote Vertu" he replied. "And did anyone speak to you about it? Did you get saved", I asked. Oh, he said, they just give it to you at the Metro as you are passing by. That was a great open door for a discussion that followed all the way till we almost reached downtown. I explained the gospel to him, and pulled out my personal worker's New Testament from my purse and showed him from the Bible by making him read verse after verse hat he was a sinner in need of repentance, and in need of being born again. the fellow looked very sincere, and we had a good chat, at the end of which I asked him if he wanted to receive Jesus as his Saviour, because it is not enough that you know or believe. You must receive Jesus as Saviour for the gift to take effect. You must ask him to save your soul, I insisted. Then I pointed to the prayer at the bottom of the tract and showed him an example of what he could pray. The fellow read it aloud once. Then he looked at me and said. "I am ready". I wasn't expecting this. At that moment, on that morning train, William bowed his head and read the prayer with all the sincerity that you would hope for. When he finished he looked up at me. I said did you pray it with all your heart. I said, Congratulations brother, and I encouraged him further to feed the new life which was born in his heart and encouraged him to come to church. Please play that William's faith grows. The bottom line for sharing this story is that after I came home that day I thought to myself, you know, technology is not exactly a blessing. I mean people who drive to work or to school may have the luxury of life but they are missing on opportunities to sow the precious seed by mingling with the public. That is what makes me think that taking public transport could be a blessing if you use it for furthering the gospel of Christ, Bless his holy name.

3 Comments:

  1. Mike said...
    Praise God for His saving grace! Congratulations on winning a soul for Jesus! Public transport ministry (planes, too) rocks!
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    lol, Amen. wow. that cheers my heart. thank you Lord for this.
    Consecrated said...
    That's right. I forgot airplanes and airports. Can't wait for my next flight. usually leave tracts all over the airport lounges and business centres, not to mention bathrooms. lol.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds