Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Some are standing, Some are sitting.

Zechariah chapter 3 verse 7: Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Verse 8: Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH...

I see two classes in God's courts. These that stand by are judging and keeping God's courts (notice the plural here). And thy fellows that sit....... men to be wondered at. It seems to me that there are two contrasting types. Some that stand, and some that sit. Who fits where? I don't know. I may have my views but I will not venture there.

The text is taken from one of favorite passages in the Bible. Zechariah Chapter 3. There you will see a picture of Satan standing before the Lord accusing every one us while we stand in our filthiness before God. Then the Lord in his mercy and grace comes to our rescue. He pleads our case, he has plucked us out of fire, removes our filthiness, puts on our head the helmet of salvation and clothes us with robes of righteousness. Once that is done, he commands to walk in his ways and if we do that he promises to seat us in his courts and rule with him in his coming kingdom. Maranatha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds