Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

One soul saved

Exactly one week ago I picked up a hitchhiker. He was hard of speech, almost possessed of a slight mental retardation, if that expression can be used at all.I looked at him as a human soul. That's the best away to look at all men to whom you would witness, not as persons, but as souls in need of salvation.
I will not tell of his religious background or region, but suffice it to say that I told him about the Lord Jesus Christ and his death on the cross, and asked the fellow if he knew where he was going after death, if he had that kind of peace.
He said no and no.
I told him he could be saved right here and now, asked him if he wanted to pray to the Lord in his own words and ask for eternal life.
He said yes. He began, head bowed slightly, saying "Jesus Christ..."
seeing he had a hard time articulating words, I helped him out...here's the quote as I heard it; the "..." are the pauses as I helped him pray

"Jesus Christ...I believe you ... (i didn't clearly hear him say "are") the Son of God...and that you died on the cross for my sins...give me eternal life"

I looked at him, his eyes seemed slightly reddened though am not sure,,,(all this while on the road mind you). I extended my hand to him to shake his hand, and said
"that's it, if you prayed believing from the heart, and remember you just spoke before God and the Holy Spirit for a witness, then you are saved my friend. No one can take that away from you. Now you need to grow as a babe, you need to read the Bible, start with John"

I gave him three tracts when I let him down and told him about the church address. He waved and gave me the thumbs up as I drove away.

This has been a full and rewarding week, many things have taken place which I cannot all write here; one friend taking a Bible almost out of my hand to keep and read it, another asking me for a Bible, and another having read all of John and 1 Corinthians 1 and 2. I've also spent the week defending the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ in classroom discussions.
I thank Jesus Christ who is the only wise God for His love and grace, which saved a wretch like me.

2 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    Great stuff.
    Consecrated said...
    Amen Amen Amen Amen. Praise God. The fire is catching on.
    Keep your light shining for the Lord.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds