Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another victory won for the Lord.

Nadia, my colleague just received the Lord Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour.

Praise God. I have known Nadia for a while now, but we worked in different departments. About two months ago she was transferred to a section, in my Bureau, on the same floor with me. I did not know much about her before she came to my floor. Because of the proximity, with time, we grew close to each other. We got along very well and one day she intimated to me her closest needs and sorrows and how few are the friends she had. I promised her that from now on good things are going to happen to her, but for some reason I could not witness to her yet. I just concentrated on developing our friendship (but I was praying all along).

Teary eyed, she came to see me this afternoon (she had dropped by earlier this morning and expressed her sorrow over my imminent absence on vacation). This time she challenged my earlier statement that good things are going to happen to her. I knew the time was right.

I did not waste time and proceeded to witness to her. I showed her from the book of John that she can become the son of God, and that her name will be written in the book of life. I explained that Jesus was both son of God and son of man. And in that capacity he could reconcile man to God. She said it made sense. And when I asked her if she could believe that he died to pay for her sins, she said yes.

Now Nadia is of Pharisee origin. Is it a coincidence that just this morning I read the book of Ezra? I opened the Bible and also showed her how king Cyrus and king Darius loved the God of heaven and how they issued a decree to rebuild the temple, and that they believed that the God of heaven is the God of the Bible.

We bowed our heads, and I prayed, then she in her own words prayed and recieved Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour.

I gave her a couple of tracts, and a New Testament and told her how important it is for her to feed on the Word of God for her spiritual growth. Pls. remember her in your prayers.

Praise God for another victory won.

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    this is better than a movie....right? It's like a battle scene with super effects....
    Consecrated said...
    Indeed Joe.
    Get ready for my battlefield stories when I see you next week.

    If you get permission, we can go tract passing together. :)
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    one more jewel! amen.

    (am pretty sure you meant she is of Farsi origins)
    Redeemed said...
    Amen, just last Wednesday you were asking prayers for her at the Wed. prayer meeting, and this week, you're giving Praise to the Lord. AMEN!
    Consecrated said...
    Praise be to God who enables us to serve him. We are but weak creatures and while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, the godly for the ungodly.

    Indeed, the lady is of Persian origin.
    Anonymous said...
    Another battle won! I just finished school! Oh, yeah!
    Consecrated said...
    Congratulations. I was hoping you would finish this week. It is not fun to be there and have you guys tied up in school.
    Consecrated said...
    Just a quick update. Nadia is reading the gospel of John. She said she has read the first chapter over and over again.

    Thank you Lord. Pls. open her eyes that she may understand. Endow her with your holy spirit and let her grow as she feeds of the word.
    Anonymous said...
    This is excellent! I love to read these kinds of things. Here you were just praying for your friend Nadia, and the very next week, God saved her soul!

    Praise the Lord!
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for the encouragement Bryan. I want to be a blessing to all my readers. So help me Lord Jesus.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds