Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Realtors

I cannot believe this, but then I can for we do live in perilous times.

2 Timothy 3:1 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

As the Lord would have it, I have decided to move to a bigger home and for that reason I signed a contract on 12 May 06 with a very nice lady, a certain realtor whom I will call Mary (like the virgin Mary). At the time Mary explained to me that it does not serve a purpose to sign for three months only, so how about a six-months contract and her cut would be 7%. And of course I can cancel anytime. No strings attached. The contract is NOT irrevocable.

I agreed and signed the contract ending 30 December 2006. Anyone noticed anything?

Three months into the process I had not received a single offer to buy.
Reason: condo overpriced. We bring the price down, down and down one more time and her commission came down by 1 percent.

Four months into the process, I am getting restless and feeling that Mary was not giving me good service so I e-mailed her a request to cancel my contract. We meet, she gives me a long speel as to how "too-nice she is with clients" and I sign something which confirms that the condo is off the market. Any one noticed anything?

In the meantime I am doing my homework looking for a bigger place, and I stumble over this agent whom I shall call Jael (like Deborah and Sisera). Jael is excellent, and we find a home for me to buy on my first trip with her. So why not have Jael try and sell my condo.

I re-read my contract with Mary and noticed it was NOT irrevocable and I am possibly very safe. I sign with Jael.

Guess what?Jael calls me this morning with the following piece of info. Mary did not effectively CANCEL the contract as I had asked her, instead she just put the condo off the market.

What do I do next?
I got in contact with Mary's broker. She had not act in good faith. Thankfully I had kept a copy of the e-mail exchange specifically requesting her to cancel the CONTRACT. I am awaiting his decision.

Mary did not turn out to be as nice as she looked.

14 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    why call her Mary? Why not Judas?
    Consecrated said...
    I had an embedded message in her name. You came close Joe.
    Redeemed said...
    It's alright, mom.

    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Anonymous said...
    I got my drivers licensce.

    joe
    Consecrated said...
    Congrats. That must be a big relief for your mother.
    Anonymous said...
    yep... now i can pick up my sister and brother. she can stay at home.

    and i get to drive! Yeah man!

    joe
    Redeemed said...
    bravo Joe! congrats. Next time I go to California, Danielle you and me can go somewhere together and laugh all we want. No one will bother us and we won't bother no one. :)
    Anonymous said...
    ha ha....that puts driving in a whole new picture!
    ....laughing with Sarah....hmmm...
    Anonymous said...
    Please pray for Khalo Ramzi.
    Consecrated said...
    I am sure you don't want me in that picture Joe.
    No sir, not on the California highways. I'd rather wait until you've become an experienced driver. :)
    Redeemed said...
    Will be in prayer for uncle and the family.

    I enjoy making you laugh, Joe. It's fun hanging out with you and your sister (and James too)!!!
    Anonymous said...
    oh yeah!

    joe


    p.s. why don't you come next summer?
    Redeemed said...
    I would love to visit you next summer, I think I'm due for a trip. Hum, will be in prayer over it.

    Miss you all,
    Sarah

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds