Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Bread of Life

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The date: Monday 15 January 2007
Location: Entrance to my condomium
People involved: Nathaniel, me and my son
Time: 7:30 pm
Weather conditions: Snow storm with blizzard, icy roads, cold night.

I had just come back from my grocery shopping, and taking into consideration a number of factors I stopped my car in the middle of the road, just ahead of the entrance to my condo. The parking spot belonged to the apartment downstairs but it had been vacant for the longest time. Few minutes and I'll offload my shipment, I thought. But, no sooner did I get out of my and move a few bags into the hallway, that I saw a small truck pull in the road and honk at me. But by the time I ran to move my car, the truck driver had managed to pull into the empty parking space. A friendly voice says, this truck is like a small car, I can fit it anywhere. Are you the new neighbour, I asked. Indeed, Nathaniel was. He was twenty eight years old and his wife was still in Ottawa waiting to move in. I introduced myself and he flew upstairs with his grocery bags only to come back down two minutes later. He had forgotten to buy some bread for the next morning. But the Lord had other plans. In his goodness he had prepared bread for the man.

Oh, you don't need to go back out in this cold weather, I replied. Here, why don't you take one bag. I had bought an extra just in case. Happily he accepted and as a sign of appreciation he helped me carry the load to the third floor.

At the doors upstairs, I quickly called my son who wasted no time in witnessing to the fellow. [Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.] Being in their twenties they both had a spontaneous discussion. At the end of the conversation the young man was so moved that he had tears in his eyes. We agreed we'll talk more at a later occasion.

Pls. pray for Nates (as he likes to be called) that the Lord would work in his heart and that he might eat of the bread of life.

2 Comments:

  1. Genesis 3:15 said...
    The Lord is good at bringing his words to life! Will pray. However, in turn, I would like you to pray for all of the following people (or you could name them "Joe's class"--the Lord will know who you're praying about): Yanich, Eugene, Jane, Francis, Kamou, Kavi, and Greg. (Sorry--long list, but at least the names are short (unlike Nathaniel)).

    Joe
    Consecrated said...
    I take it that your are witnessing to your class. That's great. You plant and we pray.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds