Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Disclaimer

Something very weird happened at my church last night. The way our watchnight service works is that as many men who want to can stand up and preach. Allow me not to go into the details but something happened last night that worried me. I started thinking about a few issues and realized that how demanding and probably very fanatic I am. You could also say I am not forgiving when it comes to fooling around when doing God's business. I do take God's work very very seriously, and I do not tolerate stupidities. May God forgive me for that, but this is my New Year's confession, I guess.

One thought triggered another, and another thought got me thinking about a number of issues that happened last year (in the church and with believers). One thought that bothered me was the following: Why can't I be tolerant of people's mistakes. Hasn't the Lord forgiven me a lot. And yet in my zeal for his holiness I get all worked up over issues that I and in the little understanding that I have find very offensive to his holiness and to his commandments. I look around me though and I find that I see eye-to-eye with only a select few. I read the Bible and I see in it clear cut black and white issues. I look at the world, and to them many things are fluid, grey areas. Our God is a God of truth. He is a consuming fire, and yet us humans we have the guts to defy what we read and disobey the commandments.

What happens is that I feel so helpless. I know I can't change the world so, like some of us, I turn to the blogsphere. I post my frustrations. I post my opinions. I post what I believe to be the true of word of God. There is nothing personal in what I write. I want to clarify that. I am not attacking anyone. I just vent my frustration. I see through a lot of issues that have gone by unnoticed by so many. Pls. don't get me wrong. I am not claiming to be self-righteous. I have my numerous flaws. But I want to say how lonely it can get if you take a stand for the truth.

There it is again. The word, Truth. I am the way, the truth and the life, Jesus said.

The Truth. That is what I pursue after. I chose the name code name consecrated because that's what I want my life to be like. Consecrated unto God. Apologies to all if I offended anyone on the way.

3 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    I think I understand how you feel.

    It is lonely standing for truth.

    Sometimes I go through whole church services just htinking aobut other people's errors. I sometimes allow my zeal for truth to get in the way of seeking more of Christ.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    Consecrated,

    You already know how I feel...I too was there when "it" happened, and a lot is happening. After we prayed, I lifted up my eyes and thought that 2006 is going to prove a trying year for our church, and churches all over. I believe, it's going to get a lot lonier, but what a friend we have in Jesus.

    And if it's of any comfort, it also only proves that satan feels his time is limited and sooner or later, the trumpet shall sound!!!!

    ~ Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedeness, or peril, or sword?
    As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
    Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ~Romans 8:35-37
    Consecrated said...
    Thank you both for your support and understanding. I did promise myself to concentrate more on my private relationship with the Lord and to enjoy the beauty of his presence.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds