Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Monday, January 16, 2006

In Costa Rica next week

In my suitcase I have packed four Spanish Bibles (Reina Valera 1960 edition, which I believe is the KJV equivalent for Spanish-speaking people). Two of these Bibles are gifts to colleagues in Costa Rica where I am going to spend one week for "on-the-job" training purposes. The two spare Bibles I hope to give to whoever the Lord leads me to. At first I was stunned when one colleague told me he didn't have a Bible. How can anyone Not have a Bible, I wondered. As I researched more, I realized how Catholic Costa Rica is. I surfed the internet hoping to find a Baptist English speaking church where I could worship on Sunday, but came up with none. I only found one reference to a Spanish speaking Fundamental Baptist church and I am not sure whether it is close to San Jose or not.

Anyway, I would like to ask for your prayers next week. My colleague has three children, and most likely his wife has never heard the gospel before either. I sensed a real tenderness towards God from this particular colleague, and I am praying for open doors as I spend time with his family next week. As outspoken as I am about the Lord, sometimes the old self takes over. The training coordinator who is in charge of my trip is a lovely lady. She came to Montreal in December and we really got along well together. I do hope that she would be receptive to the gospel when I give her the beautiful leather Bible which I bought having her in mind. I will also be spending a lot of time with her, and I don't have any specific indication as to what her response would be to the gospel. In her case I am stepping into the unknown.

I am excited about this business trip. I have never been to Latin America. This will be my first trip to a Spanish speaking country, and I am looking forward to a spanish immersion experience, with my meagre Spanish language skills. Because I sometimes think of helping out at an orphanage in Honduras (even if on small missions) I feel this trip could be of particular significance. Costa Rica is definitely very different from Honduras, but who knows, may be God is allowing me this trip for a reason.

Please pray for travelling mercies and open doors as I head to Costa Rica this week end. Will give you a report on my return.

3 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    I shall pray that your trip bears much fruit.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Matthew. We had 20mm of freezing rain last night in Montreal. Glad that I am only flying on Friday night. Hope that by then the weather conditions would have improved and runways not as slippery. That is not to say that the airport authorities do not look after that, but still it is scary to take off under such excessive weather conditions.
    Redeemed said...
    Have a safe trip. Stay in touch, and get me something nice, haha just teasing.

    I'll be praying for you...I miss u already, snif.snif....:(

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds