Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boldness to Speak Thy Word

That with all boldness they may speak thy word. ~ Acts 4:29

I sometimes struggle through prayer. I fear that my prayers will eventually sound too routine, but for the most part, I sometimes just don't know what to say, especially if it's a matter that I've earnestly been praying for quite some time. Words are at loss. However, the more I read my Bible, this precious King James Bible, the more I delight myself in God's word.

Hence, reading Acts, I was struck with the word "boldness." How often do we read that the apostles went out with boldnees (haha, I bolded boldness) preaching God's Word. I fear that this is where I lack wisdom. Especially if I know that this person belongs to a certain faith, ie. JW, I get fearful and discouraged. I mean, should that not encourage me to tell them of the truth???? I lack boldness. I am ashamed.

However, I am so glad and thankful that the Lord has convicted me of such, and given me the perfect prayer!

~That will all boldness I may speak thy Word.

Also, the following verse will be a constant reminder that I must not be ashamed:

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. ~ Mark 8:38

4 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    We all need to be bolder. I am not always that bold when doing evangelism.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    Thanks for your thoughts, Matthew.

    Hey, I just notice, you have a picture!!!!

    God bless,
    Sarah
    Redeemed said...
    I just noticed, not notice.

    That sounded very French of me. :)
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Funnily enougth, I made that same mistake yesterday on my blog.

    God Bless

    Matthew

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds