Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Touched by the Eternal

Today is known as Good Friday. A Catholic colleague said to me yesterday: Why do they call it "good" when there is nothing good about it. It is good because it resulted in man's salvation, I replied, however Jesus was not crucified on a Friday. I can't get into that right now, I said as we reached the train station and we had to part ways.

So what do people do on Good Friday? Some fast and torment their soul, while others just look to it as a time of soul searching. Many don't care and don't do anything at all.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)

Loaded with all sorts of tracts off we went to the metro station. Three hours into tract passing I am very thirsty but could not seem to get a moment of reprieve to buy me a bottle of water from a nearby shop. People were coming in droves, when for all I remember and just out of the blue, amid a large crowd, one tall man in a black suit calls out to me in French with a $5.- bill in his hand. I could not figure out what he said. All I heard the first time was "jus". I don't sell juice I thought. Is this man asking me to buy him something. "Excusez moi", I said.

"You are serving the Eternal" he said in French, "Get yourself a juice" and again he waived the money.

For a moment, my mind went blank and not wanting to offend him by letting him down, I took the five dollars from his hand. He then vanished amid the crowd. Still feeling stunned, I yelled out to Dan and later to my daughter: Hey guys someone just gave us money to get us a juice. What would you like to drink? Dany opted for a diet anything, Sarah wanted water, and I wanter Perrier cabonated water. I went into the store and I am thinking to myself "what will I do with the left over money? This is from God and I can't keep the change". I come to the cash. The store owner rings the water, rings the coke and rings my Perrier. Total = $5.00 to the penny. Not a cent more, not a cent less.

This is amazing. How often do you get a bill so exact to the penny. When I told Dany, he too was impressed. Do you think this was an angel from God? he reflected. I don't know how all this happened. I can't remember the face of the man. How he suddenly appeared and disappeared, I can't recall. I just feel so warm and fuzzy. It was like God was giving us his stamp of approval. Our thirst was quenched, we passed thousands of tracts for a duration of four hours, all smeared with the blood of the lamb, all telling the story of the cross.

We've had people ask us for money at the metro all the time. Even today Sarah gave money to somebody, but we never had anyone give us anything. If you ask me, the whole thing this afternoon was a touch of love from "l'Eternel" (as the man put it). Praise be to his holy name.

7 Comments:

  1. Redeemed said...
    That was really beautiful. I am humbled, actually. It's the best thing that ever happened at the metro.

    There were a few JW's not too far from us. For me, that special touch of God meant that He is pleased with me. And yes, I too was thirsty.

    It's just incredible! $5 exactly. I love serving the Lord, He is the best Master.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    That has happened to us in Worcester some times.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    That must be really nice when it happens, Matthew.

    I kept my water bottle.
    Consecrated said...
    There are some good people in Worcester, Matthew.
    Consecrated said...
    Sorry Sarah, I threw the water bottle out yesterday, but I think you will be okay with that.

    We don't want the water bottle to become an idol, do we?
    Redeemed said...
    No that is fine with me. I had only kept it because I had not finished the water yet.

    Thank you, mami.
    Redeemed said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds