Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

verses that saved my life/ testimony

Today the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God is the
crown of my head
King of my heart
Lord of my knees.

About four years ago, I read something which snatched me out from a five year astrangement from the Lord Jesus Christ. I saw myself in the Word's mirror and the sight slit my heart open and brought me to my knees in tears. I was reading my Arabic Bible and I couldn't stop reareading the passage over and over and over again through overflowing eyes. It just hurt so much but it was a good hurting. But it hurt, man did it hurt.

I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.
Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 31:18-20

The following is the slightly modified testimony I gave before my church prior to becoming a member over a year ago.

"Jesus died to save me from sin,
I lived to sin

Jesus left the throne of glory for me,
I wouldn't leave my bed to be with his family

Jesus faced seperation from His Father,
I feared to offend my earthly one

Jesus with a desire, desired my fellowship,
I preferred the fellowship of the world

Jesus rebuked hypocrites,
I became chief of hypocrites

Jesus suffered outside the camp,
I chose the camp of blasphemers

Jesus bore the cross,
I crossed him continually

Jesus called my name,
I whispered his

He said "thirst for righteousness",
I lusted for flesh

"today is the day",
"maybe tomorrow"

"let your words be yea, yea and nay, nay",
I uttered a veritable flood of foolishness

"sing hymns and spiritual songs",
I bent the ear to worldly music

"be ye perfect",
I'll have a kind heart

Jesus offered the pearly gates of New Jerusalem,
I leaned on the golden gates of Rome

He said "I would be your Lord",
I said "Saviour will suffice"

Where my Lord shed blood for me,
I have shed naught but ink

and still He saith

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.


5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    cool testimony!


    (there probably is a better word than "cool")

    joe
    Redeemed said...
    Amen and Amen.

    You got me a little bit teary...
    Consecrated said...
    Your testimony moved me to tears as well especially because you had shared your sorrow with me at the time.

    Just this morning, our pastor preached about the tears of Jesus. He said tears are triggered by emotions and added that men who don't cry are more like animals because animals don't have tears.

    Earlier during Sunday School the pastor taught about the two types of reprentance: godly and ungodly. He gave examples of ungodly repentance although they may be accompanied by tears and added that godly repentance is first and foremost directed to the person we have sinned against; namely the Lord Jesus himself.

    Judas repented to the High Priest, and the pastor wondered what could have been had Judas repented to Jesus instead.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    That is wonderful.
    Consecrated said...
    Welcome back, Matthew.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds