Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Addiction as a good thing

In our modern day language addiction is viewed in a negative sense because it is associated with addiction to drugs or booz etc. Interestingly I found out that a few people were referred to in the Bible as having addicted themselves in a positive connotation.

Can you try and guess who and where is the reference without going to a Bible concordance.
Sarah, pls. do not answer since I have mentioned this to you already.

4 Comments:

  1. Antonio said...
    I will think about this today. I will take the challenge and not look into the concordance.

    Is it maybe solomon addicted to his wife's love in Song of Solomon? I haven't read that book in a while.

    I will think about it more and se what I come up with.

    Good exercise!

    Antonio
    Consecrated said...
    OK. Here's a clue Antonio. The reference is in the New Testament. You might need a KJV in order to find the combination "addicted themselves".
    Antonio said...
    I gave up. I could not for the life of me recollect that word being used.

    But now I have found it. It is very interesting. I believe that the word used is "tasso" and it is the same word used in Acts 13:48 that is the same ol' tired proof text for Calvinists.

    I dare say, Consecrated,

    will you please pray for me that I become addicted to the ministry of the saints?

    Thanks for a good post,

    Antonio
    Consecrated said...
    Cute comment Antonio. Will certainly pray for you and me that we show love to fellow saints. Isn't it nice to be described like this when Paul spoke about the house of Stephanas in 1 Corinthians 16:15.

    Didn't Jesus himself say that by this shall the world know that ye are my disciples by your love one to another.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds