Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Five girls, Four weeks, Three mothers, Two souls, One salvation

It has been four weeks since I was approached by three Syrian ladies (whose daughters come to our AWANA club) to teach them the Bible in Arabic. Of the three ladies, one has no clue about the Bible, the second knows about it but has hardly ever read it, the third wants scientific proof. Interesting combination.

It all started with one mother bringing her little girl to the AWANA Sparks club. Little Maria invited Renee who brought her sister Pearl and soon followed with two neighbors Nathalie and Patricia. The girls would go to their club meetings while the three mothers stayed behind in the sanctuary. As the Lord saw fit, different leaders would witness to the women while they waited. Meanwhile, Nathalie (daughter of the scientific one) got saved from day one and is growing in the Lord. For my turn, and because I speak Arabic I got the lion's share in the witnessing process. At one point, the lady who knows nothing asked me to teach them the Bible in Arabic. When she insisted, I knew she was serious and I checked with my pastor who gave me his blessings.

But who is worthy to loose the book and to open the seals thereof? I felt so inadequate and I took to prayer. I knew that the best place to start was with the WORD of God. I started by showing them from Genesis 1 and John 1 the literal parallels between the Word of God and Jesus himself. Then I compared Genesis 3 and John 3, and showed them God's sacrificial lamb and the need to be born again.

It is true I can teach children in Sunday school, recite the Bible fluently in Arabic and witness at the drop of a hat, but to teach the Bible to ladies made me feel very very unworthy. Where do I go on from there, I prayed again, and our AWANA Commander gave me a set of discipleship literature to guide me on the way. As we met again and again, the first lady (who does not even know who Abraham is) had never thought about eternity. It is true, she went to church, but she had thought we vanish into nothingness after death (why do we go to church then beats me). But now she was beginning to ask questions, and the questions kept coming. She wanted to know more and the more I answered, the more she asked. How come no one ever taught us the Bible, she questioned. She was horrified when she found out that one day, every individual shall stand before the judgement seat and be held accountable for the blood that was shed on Calvary for the sins of the whole world.

This Friday, she asked me what should she do to get saved. At this I explained to her and she wanted to get saved. As we held hands to pray, I asked her to pray in her own words and as best as she could ask the Lord to save her soul. She did.

As I continue to minister to these ladies, I hope and pray that the Lord would keep his hand upon me and continue to bless for I have a long way to go with them still.

II Corinthians 2:16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death;
and to the other the savour of life unto life.
And who is sufficient for these things?

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That is great! I'll pray for you, the ladies and the girls.
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Danielle. I hear that you too have started a kids ministry (with the homeless) in your area. Boy, does California need that!

    Luke 10:2
    The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
    Redeemed said...
    What a blessing, mom. Praise the Lord. Let’s pray for a household salvation, as the Lord is definitely working in the hearts of these three ladies, and in the hearts of their children.

    Keep up the great work. You are a faithful servant.
    Anonymous said...
    Well actually Auntie, Mommy's doing the Sunday school ministry in the homeless shelter. I started a club at school that supports the shelter and sends them stuff. Week before last, we gave them scarves and cookies. The weeks before that we were donated blankets, and now we are going to start donating sanitation material! So i thank the Lord that He provided this great path for me and the ministry, even if its is throught the school!
    Consecrated said...
    The Lord is definitely doing something there, Sarah.

    Danielle,
    Of course an adult is the one teaching Sunday School but don't forget, you have a stake in the blessing because it was through your club that the Lord opened the door for mommy. I am sure you help her out too.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Sarah, haven't talked to you in a while, so just wanted to say hi :)! love you all...
    Redeemed said...
    Hi sweetie,

    I'm really happy that you are getting involved with your school like that.

    I really miss you. Those few days we saw each other here in Mtl were hardly enough for us to catch up.

    Love you very much!!
    Anonymous said...
    Amen. It is a blessing to be so ablt to speak other languages. That is a good ability to have in ministering to others.

    And I am sure you did a fine job teaching those ladies the word of God. God will use you.

    Just how many languages do you speak?
    Consecrated said...
    Here they are, Bryan, in order of fluency: Arabic, English, French and Spanish.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds