Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Three Spanish tracts

It has been a number of weeks since I started going to this clinic every Thursday night. For that I need to commute by metro, train and bus. Every week I pray and ask the Lord to use me seize the occasion and sow seeds all over the place. Tonight was no exception, except for one thing. At some point, I ran out of tracts. Now remember, I often joke about finding at least one tract in my purse when the need arises by telling the person who asks "a lion's den is never void of bones" (an arabic saying that goes something like this: beit el sabe3 ma beyikhla min ele3dam".

It was almost eight in the evening when I caught the train going back home to the West Island. I knew that I had no tract left in my purse and I relegated the matter to the Lord. Gone were all the English and French tracts. I mean not one single tract was left. I don't know why but for my train reading tonight I decided to practice my Spanish skills. Reason: I found a couple of Spanish tracts in my purse which I had picked up at Calgary Baptist Church in Manhattan, New York, last year.

Opposite me sat a man but I did not feel led to speak to him. No sooner than he left that a party of three young people sat in the remaining seats in my area. Guess what language they were speaking. That's right. Spanish. The funny thing is that of the three two were alike entitled Redeemed, and a different one was entitled "Where are you going to spend eternity". Two girls and one boy. How convenient. I chuckled to myself. After they chatted for a few minutes, I reached out to the young man to my side and gave him the single tract. The girls looked on and I gave them the remaining two similar tracts. Oh. It is in Spanish said one of them. Yes, I replied. Do yo speak Spanish they asked. Un poco, I replied. We chatted a little bit. It was a light conversation, but upon leaving the train I felt quite happy.

The three Spanish tracts in my purse since April 2006 had finally reached their destined audience.

8 Comments:

  1. Redeemed said...
    lol, that is really cute, mom. But Amen, I love the way the Lord works these things out.

    *Mom, on Wednesday night's prayer service, as we sang "Lead me to Calvary", you chuckled at how you kept on wanting to sing "lead me to CALGARY. Gues what? You wrote CALGARY Baptist Church in this post. Go back and read your second paragraph. LOOOOLLLLLL, too funny*
    Anonymous said...
    That really is great...praise the Lord. I love to hear how the Lord uses you to minister to others. Testimonies such as these will do more good for your Bible believing brethren than all the Bible studies in the world. Something about what you write makes one thirsty for a closer walk with Jesus. And NOTHING could be any greater than that!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Consecrated said...
    Calgary, Calvary. They sound so similar. I will amend the post. Thanks for notifying me.

    Great to hear from you Bryan.

    Sometimes,though, I feel like I am more of a Martha. I need to work harder on being a Miriam.

    Last week, at AWANA, three Arabic ladies asked that I teach them the Bible in Arabic. I feel so inadequate. Pray for me tonight please.
    Leonard Teo said...
    That's awesome. Praise God. It's amazing how God provides when needed, according to His will.
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks. Hope you get better soon, Leo.
    Consecrated said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    David Wyatt said...
    "Something about what you write makes one thirsty for a closer walk with Jesus. And NOTHING could be any greater than that!"

    What a blessing! Oh that the same could be said of me, & every child of God! That just blessed my heart & I wanted to let you know! God Bless you all brothers & sisters IN CHRIST!
    Consecrated said...
    Thank you David (and Bryan) for your encouraging comments that are a reflection of hearts who desire to please the Lord also.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds