Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, February 16, 2007

God uses beggars

Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Whoever said that God cannot use a beggar to minister to a soul?

As I walked through the metro hallways last night I was in no mood to talk to anyone. There was a man playing a violin and I normally leave a few coins and a tract. In an eerie voice which softly filled the subterranean halls , this particular fellow sang and the words followed me. "Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care..." . I don't recall him singing the whole hymn but I knew the words that would follow: "take it to the Lord in prayer".

As I walked away the tune followed me. I was reminded of how much trouble I could save myself if I bring my concerns to the Lord. I felt a lot better.

Interestingly, the Lord practiced reverse psychology on me.
He had just used a hobo to minister to my soul.

4 Comments:

  1. Redeemed said...
    I think you got the touch of the Lord that, indecently, you were praying for.
    Redeemed said...
    a.k.a. "personal hug"
    Revelation 2:17 said...
    Sarah, you got your mother's bend for picking exactly the wrong word.

    I suspect you meant "incidentally", not "indecently" which... ehem, means something very different.
    Redeemed said...
    oh, lol, that's a good one.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds