Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hitting Gold

I arrived in Toronto late on Sunday night, took the shuttle to the Holiday Inn. I am alone on the shuttle, and the driver is curious asking me all sorts of questions. What do I do for a living. How many languages do I speak etc. Just to be polite, I asked the man if he owned the shuttle. He replied in the negative, and went on to explain to me that he works for an East Asian man who himself used to work on the shuttle service for eighteen hours a day, but that now he owns his own company, while he was just working for him. To be honest, I was not exactly in a talking mood that night, then when came back with the question if I taught languages (seeing I could speak four of them), I said No. But I do teach Sunday School. I teach the word of God. Funny enough, my own answer perked me up, however I sincerely believe it was God's spirit doing the work in me for the man was all curious.

Talking about his rich employer, I said, some people hit gold on this earth and some others hit gold in the life to come. The streets in New Jerusalem where the saints will live eternally are made of pure gold, the gates are made of one big pearl each. There will be no sighing, no pain, no tears, no sorrows in heaven. Here is the catch. Tonight you are taking me to the Holiday Inn. There is a reservation in my name. Whether I show up or not, the company will settle the bill with the hotel management. Same with Jesus. He has made a reservation for all who will come to New Jerusalem. On the cross he cried and said: It is finished. The price is paid in full, the Bible says that God so loved us that he sent his only begotten son etc. Do you have a Bible I asked, yes he said. Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God. Yes. Do you read the Bible. I am a Christian. Are you saved? I am a Catholic. Are you a saved Catholic? What does that mean. Well if you happen to die tonight, do you know where you are going. To heaven, I hope. You mean you don't know? Who can tell. That's why you need to read your Bible. God is not a liar. Jesus is calling out etc. etc. Before dropping me the man was so interested. I have always wanted to read the Bible, he said. I had one last tract left on me, The Burning Hell. I gave it to him and as he drove off, I kept thanking God for an unexpected opportunity to witness, and paying for the man's salvation. Never got his name, but I can see him vividly as I write these notes. Pls. pray for him too if you got a minute.

In another post I'll tell about a young man who sat in the seat beside from El Salvador to Honduras. A very interesting encounter.

2 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    Your courage in sharing the Gospel is very inspiring.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    Believe me Mathew, I had no intention to talk to the fellow at all. It was close to eleven before midnight. I was tired. In a way I was annoyed at his questions. Sometimes these people are silent all the way. And I was thinking to myself: I wish he would leave me alone. But the questions kept coming till I felt I needed to defend myself. It was then that I asked him about his job. As for how it took a different turn to talk about hitting gold in eternity, all praise be to God alone.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds