Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

On a roll

I have been witnessing to my hair dresser for a minimum five years. I don't go there often, but we are looking at haircut every two or three months (yes my hair grows very long quickly). As a matter of fact he asked me on one occasion what is it I eat to make it grow so quickly.

I usually take the latest appointment at night when everyone else has finished. I just have my hair cut, no blow dry no nothing, because before you know I will wash my hair the next morning.No matter how sophisticated the hair-do is, it just won't last a couple of hours in shape.

The past Thursday was one of those occasions. By 8pm, I am done and ready to go home and when I came to the cash I don't remember what is he asked me but somehow the discussion focussed on whether Mary had or did not have children after Jesus. Oh yes, I believe he made made some remark about those cartoons which are causing a stir. When I told him Mary did have four boys plus daughters and that their names are mentioned in the Bible, his reply was, you speak like the Muslims. I never heard a Christian say that Mary did not remain a virgin. That's was when I picked up the subject of believing in the Bible as God's inspired word. Whehter God was a liar, and whether man was a liar. From there on the discussion focussed on the role of Jesus and how underestimated he was, how that the traditional churches have taught us false doctrine.

When he asked me what was the difference between my faith and the Catholic faith, I started down from the first commandment to every shred of detail you can think of. From images and idols, to forgetting the source of living water (that reminds me of another incident in CR about holy water and groves - will explain in yet another post) and digging for themselves cracked wells that don't hold water. I spoke about the Holy Father, where Jesus only once in the whole Bible called God the Father, the Holy Father. I passed by the good shepherd who lays down his life for the sheep. Jesus the way, the truth and the life. Jesus the only door. Jesus the only mediator between God and man. There is no other name under heaven by which we might be saved. etc. etc. Till I reached Revelation where Jesus was now out the door. Every so-called saint and teaching was in, and Jesus was out. Knocking at the door, he stands.

As the man sat at the cash, I stood there for forty minutes. I still recall every word I said. What is most gratifying was the feeling that overwhelmed me. I just knew God had poured out his spirit. Jesus had told his disciples not to worry what to say when they are brought forth before kings and rulers. In this case I was before a simple hairdresser, but I knew it was God speaking through me as I went on and on. At one point I touched on the subject of the believers in Berea who were more noble than the others because "they searched the scriptures every day to see if these things were so". He asked me for the reference. IN the book of Acts, I replied. We are commanded to search the scriptures. Paul said if an angel from heaven preaches to us things that are not according to the Bible, we are not to believe him. Let him be anathema.

It is so sad to see that fery vew people realize how high the cost was for us to have a Bible in our hands. I recounted how Bloody Mary used to kill all those in whose possession they found a Bible, and how she dipped their thumb in their own blood, and smeared their own Bible with the blood of the martyr himself. Read Fox's book of Martyrs or any other book on the church history. People paid with their blood for us to have the liberty of reading the Bible. Read that Bible. By the time I was finished, the man looked up and said, I guess I am going to read that Bible and see.

I had a feeling Alain was keeping all the words in his heart. Pls. pray for him as I sincerely believe the man is very close to getting saved.

3 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    I think the Muslims actually believe in the Perpetual Virginity of Mary. They are more Catholic than people realise.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    I hadn't realized they did. This is interesting. Then that should make it easier for them to believe in the divine birth of the Lord.
    Anonymous said...
    I am a musician who has been impacted by Keith Green and I would be honored if you would check out my music, all music is free to download. I just wanted to share my music with People who love Jesus.

    I don’t want to be a pest, so if this really annoys you, please delete it and accept my humble apology.

    Thanks so much,

    -Sean
    “All my music is free.”

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds