Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thanks to all who prayed - A report on my visit to CR

It has been a short while since I got back from Costa Rica, and if I don't do this today, I'll probably not have time at all to do it at all. To begin with I want to thank all those who prayed for me on my trip. God took control from the moment I left home throughout every segment of my trip all the way back home God was there for me, protecting me, providing for me, and best of all using me to tell about his glory and grace. God gave me so many many witnessing opportunities that I want to share with all of you so I will list them as they come to my mind.

On arriving in San Jose, I was assigned a driver who would take me to the mall because I wanted to buy a couple of T-shirts. Having left Montreal in mid January I had not taken much account of the warm tropical weather. Somebody has told me they were experiencing unexpected cool weather, so by Montreal standards, it turned out their cool weather was like a summer's day for me. My colleague was willing to take me to the mall, but when I asked him to just drop me off, he insisted he would not leave me alone and that I was in his care. (Again my Montreal standards, I had not realized how gracious the Lord was unto me in providing me with a local guide and protection). I asked him if he was used to shopping with ladies, and whehter he had a wife or daughterThe answer was that he was seeing doctors because him and his wife would love to have a baby. Not knowing anything about his background I suggested to him that I knew one excellent way of having children. Prayer to the Lord Jesus. Well what do you expect was the reply. "I read the Bible. I am a Baptist born again believer. The majority here are Catholics". I was floored. I said "Are you saved?". He sure was. I jumped in my seat, gave him a big hug, and said let's pray right now. After we closed our eyes and I prayed in English and he prayed in Spanish, he looked up and thanked me. No one has ever prayed for me before like that, he said. We both rejoiced as wife later joined us and we visited their home where the three of us also knelt and prayed. That was the beginning, and a pattern of praying and witnessing development right from the start and throughout my stay in San Jose.

The next morning, the Director of the office where I was supposed to go for training picked me up. In the car, I gave him a Spanish Bible which I had brought for him, and without wasting any time, I told the man that I was in San Jose on a mission from God as well as on mission from my employers. The man froze in his seat. I did not understand why at that point. Anyway I gave him the message of salvation, and told him he needed to be born again. He thanked me for the Bible, and said that he used to have one, but that he had lost it a long time ago. It did not take the Lord much time to reveal to me why the man froze in his seat. The very next day my former colleague drove me to work and on the road he told me that together these two gentlemen had been to a church where the gospel was being preached, that Mr. Director had come forward upon an invitation and that he was given a Bible, but that was it. He never grew, he never walked with God. My driver was his friend from childhood and he was sincerely convinced that God is visiting his friend once again with a call to repentance.

And so the story goes, at every turn of the way, God was putting people in my path. Here's another occasion which I love. The last Saturday I was in Costa Rica (CR) I was offered to go on a field trip of my choice. I opted to go to the Volcano Arenal, an active volcano. I was told (and had seen pictures on the internet) that this volcano is constantly fuming, and at times spits red lava. The latest eruption had been 15 December 2005. Also that out of the volcano stream waterfalls of hot water. A very nice resort existed in the region, inside thick rain forest, and we could spend the day there. After three hours drive we got to Fortuna village which overlooks Arenal. Unfortunately it was raining all day, it was cloudy so I did not get to see the greying vocano, and we could not climb up to wherever limit tourists were allowed to climb. However we did get a chance to spend the day in the thermal waters at this resort. It was raining from above but we were (two girls from the office had come along, and we were offered a driver and a car) jumping from laguna to laguna and just lazed in the pools of hot water, while cold water was raining upon us from above. The green thick trees surrounding us were beautiful. Colorful flowers everywhere. Tourists mostly from the States were there. We had a great time. At some point, after having prayed also for a witnessing opportunity, I looked at the girls and said: Imagine how hot this water is coming out from the earth. I wonder how hot hell would be like. That did it. Immediately I was asked about hell and if it truly existed, and for probably the next twenty minutes I gave them a whole speal about the existence of heaven and hell and their need for salvation. I treasure this witnessing opportunity because it is one odd place where God has used me to speak about his goodness. I even thought of beginning a post asking people what and where was the wierdest place they had ever witnessed to somebody.

This post is getting to be very long, I'll have to pick up my diary in another post.

2 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. You have obviously taken your time over it.

    I thank the Lord that you travelled safely.

    I will read the next post.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for patiently waiting. I had hoped to write earlier but there as so much on my mind. I will still have to tell you about the holy water experience.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds