Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, May 12, 2006

As a king!

2 Samuel 24:23 - All these things did Araunah, as a king, give unto the king. And Araunah said unto the king, The LORD thy God accept thee.

I love to read through the word of God's with a fine-tooth comb.
Three letters highlighted above stunned me as I read my Bible this morning. The context is David arriving in Jerusalem and wanting to buy a piece of land from Araunah to build an altar after the plague had been stayed. Araunah gives him the threshing instruments and other instruments of the oxen for wood.

I stopped at length to think about the seven letters "as a king". Why has the Holy Spirit inserted these words, I wondered? The passage that came to my mind was the following:

Revelation 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. .. verse 10:The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

What I could see is a prophetic picture of the Christian, as a king, when all is said and done, casting down our crowns before the Lord Jesus Christ who alone is worthy to receive glory and honour and power.

Amen.

8 Comments:

  1. Revelation 2:17 said...
    interesting nugget there. will keep an eye out for it. thanks
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Good point. But we do need to be careful about the idea that Christians are kigns already.

    That idea fits in well with warped Charismatic ideas about 'Kingdom Authority' and 'Domminion.'

    Our reign is future.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    I think that is what Consecrated is talking about - our future reign.

    Amen and Amen. Rev says it best, interesting nugget!
    Carey said...
    Reminds me of "casting down our golden crowns around the glassy sea."
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for all your comments

    Matthew,
    I did mention that the context was David arriving in Jerusalem. By that I meant the Lord's return to Jerusalem to rule and reign. I hope you believe in a literal return of the Lord and a literal Millennial kingdom.

    Carey,
    Indeed that was the picture I had in mind.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Leila, I cannot believe you only 'hope' I believe in a literal return of the Lord and a literal Millennial kingdom. I would have thought you had visited my Bible prophecy blog often enougth to know that I most certainly do.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    Amen, Matthew!
    Consecrated said...
    Was just checking. I guess I haven't been reading much lately.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds