Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Real Estate Issues

I am ready to move. This week I placed my condo on the market. I have stayed at this location for about seven years now. My daughter says I am nomadic. Can't stay in one place for very long. I look at it this way. Moving is easier than repainting an occupied house. Can you imagine the dust and mess it makes to paint while you are living in one place. Besides my son will be visiting more often and staying for longer periods. With an additional room and bathroom I can always accommodate visitors. I would also love to have a small piece of land where I can plant a few things in my backyard. A swimming pool would also be nice. I prefer charcoal B.B.Qs. for summer. A treadmill in the basement works well in winter.

So you want to visit me in Montreal. Please pray for a quick transaction. I need to sell in six or seven weeks. The market is not as hot at this time of the year, but I am trusting the Lord to find me a suitable buyer and to lead me to the property of his choice.

13 Comments:

  1. Carey said...
    Will continue to pray!

    And don't worry -- I don't take up too much space, so you can put in the bath tub if you need to! ;-)
    Matthew Celestine said...
    I shall pray about it, Leila.
    Consecrated said...
    ok. THANKS. I have an idea about the neighborhood where I'd like to move (or rather I can afford to move). Now I need potential buyers.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Could somebody please define 'Condo.' We never use that word in the UK.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    This is the explanation Matthew.

    Condo is the short version of condominium. These are co-owned properties and in Canada they are available in either aparment buildings or a series of townhouses.

    For a monthly fee charged by the Condo Administration, all the building services get looked after. This includes repairs of any major damages to the roof or the exterior of the building,landscaping,gardening, garbage and snow removal, fire place cleaning, etc.

    Right now I am in an apartment type condominium and hope to move to a townhouse condominium, i.e. a cottage type residence with a basement and bedrooms upstairs.

    Apartment condos are popular with single professionals or young couples. Townhouse condos are better suited for middle income families.
    Carey said...
    Leila, I am nomadic too. Growing up, my family moved every six months to a year. The house we are now living in has been occupied by us for almost five years. It is really weird not having to live out of a box. I personally prefer frequent change. Would like to have a job that requires frequent moving.
    Anonymous said...
    MAtthew lives in England? How is it over there?

    Anyways, sorry Auntie...but in California, you have to paint your house whether you want to move or not. Buyers won't even look at a house that's not newly remodeled, painted, and has a new carpet. Canadians have so many more blessings....gas, homes, etc....
    But I will pray.
    joe
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Leila, thanks for the explanation.

    Joe, that is a big question.

    It is getting sunnier, but it is very wet today.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Redeemed said...
    lol, Joe. We have better gaz??????
    Consecrated said...
    Now that you have the explanation, what do you call this type of residences, Matthew?

    Joe, I only wanted to paint because I felt like having a new look. Friends were surprised to hear I wanted to paint because the apartment is really very nice and quite clean.

    About buyers wanting me to paint,I must say that I would not want others to choose the color palette for me. I don't want to be stuck with accentuated colors such as bright red, deep purple or yellow, Irish green etc. (For some reason many people on the West Island of Montreal like these colors). I prefer to choose my own shades.

    Just like you Carey, I can't see myself in one place for a long time. I also love to travel with colleagues. It is so much more fun when you have company.

    We have a rainy week ahead of us in Montreal. Spring is generally rainy. Hoping to move in summer.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    I am not sure, Leila.

    It sounds like the word refers to the letting arrangement. I am not sure if we have an exact equivalent. We have letting agencies, but I do not think that is exactly the same.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    I don't think so either. In a condo arrangement, tenants are co-owners of the property. Some condos allow the co-owner to lease their apartments. Others don't.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    I think we do have such arrangements, but I cannot think what it would be called.

    God Bless

    Matthew

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds