Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The French fellow at the gas station

What a joyful experience it is to fill up gas (I actually hate it).

Last night was different though. It was rainy on my way back home, and I didn't want to, but I decided to stop by and fill up my car. The usual place I visit once a week. When I went in to pay, the young French fellow recognized me. He looked up and said, Aren't you the lady who gives me tracts all the time. What do you have for me tonight, he added.

What a pleasant surprise. How often do you get people asking you for tracts? I had none left in my purse having given them all out that day. But he was willing to wait. I ran to my car, popped the trunk open (always plenty of ammo there) grabbed about four French tracts and went back inside. Do you have this one? No. Do you have this one? No. Do you have this one? No. He took all four of them. Do you go to church, he asked (If only he knew, I thought. I go there five times a week). Sure, I do. I love God, I said. My mother goes to a seminary where they teach priests, he said. I go to a Bible teaching church, I replied. I am a born-again Christian. Evangelical, Baptist. I was so thrown off at his questions that I just stuttered and didn't know what exactly to say.

What is that, he asked. I explained that whatever is in the Bible we teach and do. What is not in the Bible we don't teach or do. Have you read the Bible, I asked? No. I don't have time was the standard reply. I quoted the verse to him: What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses himself. Next time I come around, I am bringing you a small gospel in French, I said as I was about to leave.

He bid me good night. He looked happy, and there was a sweet glow on his face. I felt so overwhelmed just to think that he actually asked me for literature. I hope and pray that he'll want to come to church with me some day. Praying for his salvation.

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's so cool! What a blessing!

    Anyways....you fill gas once a week? How fortunate....in California gas is 2.89 and you just keep filling up....

    joe
    Redeemed said...
    Like Joe said, what a blessing! Amen, praise the Lord!
    Carey said...
    Wow, Leila, what an amazing opportunity! Praise the Lord!

    Joe - $2.89?? It's $2.95 over here (last I checked). Good thing my car gets 32 miles to the gallon. My parent's van gets 16 miles to the gallon and takes midgrade - which is even more expensive! Needless to say, we drive my car more.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Your encounters with him seem very fruitful.
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks for the encouragement everybody. I had another amazing opportunity that very same night, I'll post about it soon.

    As for the french guy, I am actually quite impressed. French people are not generally receptive of the gospel. That is why I rejoice every time I see him still interested.

    Please pray with me for him.

    As for gas, Joe, remember I don't drive to work. I take the train, so that cuts down on my expenses. Also having Sarah drive to church (using her economical car) several times a week has reduced my gas consumption.

    Prices have been fluctuating here ranging from CDN$ 110 to $119 per litre, I believe is the unit of measurement here. Gas is priced by the gallon in the States. Right? You can do the conversion and compare prices. I am not good at these things.
    Carey said...
    Let me see... $119 per litre...

    $119 CDN = $107.485 USD

    1 litre = 0.264172051 gallons

    That can't be right. It would convert to approximately $321 USD per gallon! No one could drive at that price.

    Did you mean $1.19 per litre?

    In that case it would be...

    $1.19 CDN = $1.07530 USD

    So, around $3 USD per gallon. That's about what it is over here.
    Consecrated said...
    yeah. you got that one right, Carey.
    Redeemed said...
    haha, that's funny.

    Good gaz we got up here!
    Consecrated said...
    what is good gas and what is bad gas, Sarah?

    Now this is funny indeed.
    Redeemed said...
    looolllll

    well if we're paying $119 per litre, it better be good gaz.

    Oh the jokes we can pull out on that one, let's not go there.
    Carey said...
    *laughs* Must be some gas if it's $119! Do you only fill your tank up once a year? *wink*
    Redeemed said...
    loool, carey!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds