Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"God's last name is not Damn"

The apple does not fall far from the tree. I read the post on my daughter's blog and I was reminded to post the following.

May be you have heard of the tract "God's last name is not Damn". May be not, but last night I got a unique chance to give a couple of tracts to some roudy college students who were on the same bus as I happened to be.

In brief, I had a medical appointment near the University of McGill and I did not want to drive downtown so I took the bus. On the way back there were about 4 college students yapping loudly. Two boys and two girls. God d.... it, said one of them. He touched a nerve with me. Before he had a chance to say it again, I stood up and walked over to the four of them. I had four tracts in my hand. I looked at the fellow and said to him "I heard you say God d.... . God's name is NOT d.... and here's something for you to read". Stunned he took the tract from me, the girl sitting beside him took another while the other two refused it.

I went back to my seat and noticed that the lady sitting in front of me was looking at me curiously. I handed her one of the two remaining tracts. She took it. Before I left the bus, I left another one on my seat.

Boy, did it feel good afterward. It got me on fire, that I gave two more tracts to a couple standing infront of the metro, two more in the metro, left a few others on every public telephone booth before I reached my train station and finally headed home.

14 Comments:

  1. Redeemed said...
    Wow, that is neat. You're on a public transportation ministry.

    Like mother, like daughter!
    Anonymous said...
    PErsonally, I think you should have talked to those boys and girls for several reasons

    1) They will probably not read them and instead take the name of God in vain even more because of this incident.

    2) I know of CHristians who stand on the street and pass out Bibles, etc...and the kids take them and curse them. THey may be stunned, but they have not seen much.

    3)The seed is the word of God. The word of God is not a tract. But, the word of God, Christ, dwells in you. Even if you had two seconds, I think it might have been better to give a number, name, or something by which you can fully evangalize to these dead souls.

    Sorry....I am not much for tracts.
    I am not trying to be condemning, judgemental, or anything rude...just posting my humble opinion
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Good points from Joe, but I think giving tracts ia worthwhile.

    Talking to people is not always an option is not always helpful either.

    Good work, Leila.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Matthew,

    Joe,
    Your analysis is a bit overdone.
    The key is, you either act on the spot or you don't. (I know that you don't believe in tracts, but when you meet people who actually got saved through reading a tract, you might change your mind).
    Redeemed said...
    Like Luigi from our church. Italian, born in Ontario, studies in Montreal and gets saved through a chick tract.

    Diagonsed with MS, has unrelated ankle and stomach problems. Lord calls him to be a missionary to China, he goes for a year, comes back for the summer to get married only to then both head back to China serving the Lord.
    Anonymous said...
    I think that you misunderstand me. It is not that I don't like tracts. It's just that tracts without really talking seem to lessen Christ's words when He said, "Go out into the world [and spread the message]" (sorry...I don't remember the words exactly). When you send out papers in the world, they have no life in them. The life of CHrist is what brings people to Him. We are like little lighthouses that reflect Christ's light into the world. We shouldn't be handing out pictures of that light. We should be blinding people with it.
    Consecrated said...
    Joe,

    There is power in God's living word, in any form it is presented. Tracts are a collection of Bible verses presented in such a way as to talk to the person whom you would not normally have ample time to witness to.

    If I were to believe what you said "when you send out papers, there is no life in them", then by the same token you can say that when you give me a Bible, there no life in it?

    Wasn't a scroll (paper) given to Jesus to read from when he was in the temple?

    "Publishing" the word of God is as good as "spreading" it? Please take some time and consider the following verses taken from the King James Version.

    Mark 13:10 - And the gospel must first be PUBLISHED among all nations.

    Luke 8:39 - Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and PUBLISHED throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

    Acts 10:37 - That word, I say, ye know, which was PUBLISHED throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

    Acts 13:49 - And the word of the Lord was PUBLISHED throughout all the region.

    By passing tracts we are "publishing" the Word of God in obedience to him.
    Anonymous said...
    ALright...you have convinced me from the arguments...not from the verses. If you look inito Old English vocabulary, the word publish means spread. At the time, publish did not mean to print. Historically, Most of the people could not read . Only the scribes and pharisees Even if they could read, it was impossible to publish because people were too poor to buy scrolls. Plus, scrolls were rarely copied...too much work. Anyways, I will agree somewhat with tracts because of your initial argument. However, my opinion is just that....opinion. Sorry if I seem rude.
    -joe

    (Oh....you're coming this summer! I just heard!....be sure to get lots of funny stories!)
    Anonymous said...
    I would like to make ammends to a previous comment. It was not only the scribes and pharisees that could read. Then how could the apostles and disciples read? Sorry.....my bad
    Consecrated said...
    Hurrah. I was able to convince Joe. Thank you Lord.

    Here's something to pray about Joe. I will come only if my ticket arrives here in time. It is a long story but I am travelling on air miles donated by my brother, and I only booked yesterday and the airline will only send the ticket by regular mail.

    P.S. If and when I come I am bringing lots of tracts with me. hahahaha. Now that's funny and it is not a joke.

    I am running on a very tight schedule. So pls. ask the Lord to expedite my ticket, otherwise I can't make it for 18 June.
    Consecrated said...
    Just pray that I get my ticket on time. It is being airmailed to me.
    Anonymous said...
    will do....
    Carey said...
    Go Leila, go!

    You're going to laugh, but I have a public restroom ministry -- that is one of my favorite places to leave tracts.
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Carey.
    I also love leaving tracts all over the airport.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds