Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friday, March 10, 2006

God's telephone number

For the longest time I have been telling this colleague of mine to call unto God for help in a certain situation. Things had gone really sour and despite all efforts of good people around, the situation kept spiralling downward to what seemed like a hopeless case. In the meantime I kept preaching "Call on God". "You need God". "Read your Bible". "I gave you a Bible. It is not a good luck charm. It works if you open it and read it and call on its author for help."

Few days ago we got a glimmer of hope. Things may be finally looking up. When I asked a common friend if prayer had been lifted up, I was told that the Bible had been spotted at the desk of the person concerned. Praise God. His telephone number still works. Should you need it, here it is: Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

3 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    It is amazing how some people just do not seek the Lord when things are difficult.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    God Bless

    Matthew
    Consecrated said...
    Pride stands in the way, I guess. Add to it that the younger (your) generation has been brought up with the teaching that "I am strong", "I can do it myself" etc.

    Sometimes God allows us to hit rock bottom to learn that we actually need his help.
    Redeemed said...
    It's sad that our last resort if often God. We try everything, and then, when all else has failed, we try the Lord Jesus Christ.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds