Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

What Am I to Thee, O Lord

I find it fascinating that He is one God, one Creator, one King and one Holy Father over and above all, and though millions of us have come to know Him as our redeeming Saviour, nevertheless, He remains as our own personal Father. Our relationship with the Lord is none alike.

How beautiful is it that He hath created us and therefore knoweth us better than we know ourselves. We all have distinguished caracteristics about us that make us each special in His eyes. He KNOWS each and every one of us.

Abraham's faith distinguished him as the friend of God:

~And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God. James 2:23

The Lord knew Moses face to face:

~And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face. Deu 34:10

The Lord chose David to be King in Saul's stead because he found him to be"a man after my own heart":

~And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; and said, I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Acts 13:22

The Lord knew and called Samuel by name:

~That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

But what am I to Thee, O Lord? I know what Thou art to me. Thou art my Abba, my Father.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Rom. 8:15-17

Thank you, O Lord for creating me and for adopting me into thy kingdom.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psa 139:14

5 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    Excellent stuff, Sarah.
    Redeemed said...
    Thanks for your encouragement Matttew.
    Anonymous said...
    I know! Isn't it cool? I have friends at school that are Hindus. Their "gods" are so impersonal, hateful, and petty that it gives the world more reason to glorify God. (FYI: When Hindus are born, they are given a book of gods and they choose the ones they like the most. By choosing god x, you might be becoming enemies with god x's enemies, but since you have god x on your side, maybe he might have favor on you.)
    Consecrated said...
    I rejoice to see the growth in you. May the Lord continue to lead you in paths of righteousness, and may he greatly reward for your faithfulness and steadfastness.
    Redeemed said...
    Thank you consecrated.

    Joe, very interesting. I didn't know that. That is so weird. How can you "pick" your own God????

    Have you had the chance to witness to hindus?

    God bless,
    Sarah

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds