Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I gave her a tract

I love it when people ask me questions on the train. What better opening do you want for me to either talk to them or give out a tract.

This morning a lady gets on the train and sits right across from were I was. But she is not sure whether she was on the right tracks going downtown. She waits a few seconds, then puts the question to me. I gladly answered, and then something pricked me in my heart. Give her a tract, it said. I smiled for I knew it was the Holy Spirit again. I am used to this by now. When I hear that still small voice in my ears, I know the Lord wants me to move. I continued reading my Bible however, but in my heart I knew that I was not going to pass up that opportunity.

Later at an opportune moment, I closed my Bible and I asked her if I could give her something to read. She willingly took the French tract from me. As she read it, I closed my eyes and was silently praying. When I finally opened my eyes, she looked at me and with a smile on her face, said "Thank you". We didn't talk, but I was glad she accepted the tract. A seed was sown. I was happy. What a way to start a brand new day, I thought.

6 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    May that tract bear mcuh fruit!
    Consecrated said...
    Thanks Matt.
    Carey said...
    Isn't it wonderful how God gives us those opportunities? This may sound funny, but I like to leave tracts in public restrooms.
    Redeemed said...
    Haha Carey, in that case, you're really going to love my church. We love them in public restrooms also. We've been left a tracts "The burning Hell" in there! Lol

    I had an idea once from someone at our church. He said when he goes grocery shopping, he always leaves tracts in beer casings! Over here, people love to get drunk over a hockey game.
    Redeemed said...
    When I wrote we "love" them, I meant we leave them. oopsy!
    Consecrated said...
    Join the club, Carey.

    On a more serious note, I am so happy to have become more acquainted with the spiritual you.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds