Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Is it true?

We tend to be creatures of habit, and as such I often fill up from a certain gas station on my way home from church. There is this French fellow, a young lad, who is always on duty in the evenings when I stop by. I would give him a chick tract every time I stop by, and I try to remember which one I gave him the time before so as not to give him the same.

This past Tuesday, I stopped by to gas up. When I went into the cabin, he had another friend and two other young men (one French and three black guys) were in there as well. To be honest, I was not comfortable for a little while knowing that a crime had been committed at a similar gas station not long ago. I said a silent prayer in my heart and reached into my purse, pulled out two copies from the French tract "Heaven or Hell, which One will you choose".

As soon as I handed the black fellow a copy of the tract, he started reading it, and immediately the French fellow says to me "Oh I read them all the time". I said, "But this is new. Did you read this one as well". He suddenly looked up at me and said "Ah you are the lady who is always giving them to me". That's right I said.

"Is it true", he asked. Is it real? Of course it is, I replied. Otherwise I wouldn't give it to you. One day when you are not as busy, may be you and I can have a chat. You can ask me questions. Good night now.

I left the station feeling so happy. I had been praying for that fellow. I remember one snowy evening in January, as I pulled away I glanced back at the glass pane of his cabin and I saw him reading the chick tract which I had left him. I remember having prayed for him that night.

I was so happy to learn that this fellow has been reading the tracts. Actually his question said a lot of things. The guy is thinking. Amen Lord. Open his heart let him understand what he read even as you opened the eyes of that first gentile convert, the Ethiopian eunuch.

2 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    May he come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savour.
    Consecrated said...
    Amen. While I do not underestimate any tract I give out, I really treasure the ones that I give on a one on one basis.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds