Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lebanese sweets for a church in Brazil

Roberta's church wants to have a Lebanese night for some Lebanese youth. There will be special prayers for Lebanon and I believe our church here (which is facing serious internal and external problems)

She also wants to prepare some Lebanese sweets for the saints but doesn't know much if anything in that area and so was asking for help.
I thought maybe Consecrated and Redeemed would have some ideas.

8 Comments:

  1. Redeemed said...
    oooh, I wish I were there. If ever I visit Brazil, I will want to go to Roberta's church.

    We too will keep the country, particularly your church in prayer.

    Are you asking help for what kind of sweets she should prepare? Consecrated and I are not big on sweets...we're sweet enough..haha.

    Humm, I need to think, will get back to you on this. I'm sure consecrated will come up with something good.
    Consecrated said...
    This is a tough one, because the recipes are complicated and I am not sure she'll find all the ingredients although there is a big Lebanese contingent in Brazil.

    I could translate a couple of recipes like that of baklava and maamoul. But she'll need some Lebanese assistance, undoubtedly. Ours are not easy to make cakes.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Sounds interesting.
    Anonymous said...
    You should make hamous and taboule. That is the best Lebanese stuff!
    Anonymous said...
    Hey dears!
    I know how to prepar Lebanese foods (all my family came from Lebanon. My blood is original a all. Lol). I am not sure about the sweety, only. Maybe i ll buy some in a lebanese shore.

    I need also the name some lebanese Gospel singer.

    The night will be for all youths christians or not. I want show them the reality of my originary country. We have about 50 youths - 2 of them were muslim till this year beggan - They will give their testimony, one they came from Lebanon too and together we ll pray about the Country, George´s church and all lebanese people.

    And for sure will have much fun! Thanks a lot, Roberta Boumaroun
    Consecrated said...
    Nice seeing you on this blog Roberta. Hope you have a great Lebanese night, and do visit again.

    If you want a real inspiration for a Christian Lebanese singer I'd like to suggest Ayman Kafrouni. I heard him in person here in Montreal, and he was a great blessing. His testimony is amazing, and his presence is refreshing.
    Consecrated said...
    Roberta,
    I should have added that Ayman Kafrouni has a number of CDs in circulation and which you can buy at an Arabic speaking Christian bookstore.

    If you give me a mailing address, I can send you a couple by mail.
    Redeemed said...
    Hi Roberta, nice to see you here again.

    50 youths...two muslims that have accpeted Jesus Christ - that's amazing!!!

    We'll be sure to keep all of you in prayer.

    God bless you, Roberta

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds