Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Word of God

I'm an observer. I don't know why, but I am. I like to look around me, pause and think. Lately, I've been just astonished at the number of people that read books and newspapers on the train. Morning and evening. Their eyes are sunk in those things.

I like to read the newspaper, just because I like to know what is happening in the world. The more trouble, the sooner my King is coming. Then I get to work and I hear people discussing which books they've read. Now, don't even get me started on the Da Vinci code, I'm not even gonna go there....

But I'm just amazed as to how many people have read such books and believed all those lies that satan has been so subtle to infiltrate into people's minds, and yet, they've never even bothered to pick up their Holy Bible which has been around for hundreds of years. Why do we choose the lie, death, and not THE TRUTH, life.

What breaks my heart, is since the start of 2006, I've seen many of my unsaved friends go through a parent's sudden death, engagement breakup, and all sort of that misery. It's almost like there isn't life in them anymore. It's really sad. I just pray that they will meet the Lord Jesus Christ and find Life. I pray that soon, their nose and their eyes will be glued to God's precious Word.

There is life and comfort in the Word of God. When our spirit is down, when our flesh is weak, the Word of God will quicken us.

This is my comfort in my affliction, for thy word hath quickened me. ~Psalm 119:50

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That is so true. About two months ago I gave my aethiest friend a book written by an ex-aetheists for aethists. It is a deep book about Christianity and the truth of God's existence and the validity of His word. Yet that friend has not yet read the book. He has gone through several novels that deal with evolution, world destruction, etc...but he still has not read that book. I can only pray that someday the seeds that have been planted over the years of my friendship with him will grow and cause him to take interest in the Word.
    Redeemed said...
    Amen, Joe! Thanks for sharing that.

    Yes, the seed has been planted, and you can only water it with prayer.
    Matthew Celestine said...
    Yes, there is so much comfort in the Word of God.
    Redeemed said...
    Indeed, Matthew.

    God bless,
    Sarah

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds