Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pray for courageous Roberta

Roberta is a born-again Brazilian believer from Lebanese origins, and has cancer. Having undergone treatment in California, she returned to Brazil.
A couple of weeks ago she witnessed to some of her Muslim friends about the Lord Jesus Christ. Apparently news spread as she, and her family I believe later on received death threats from the leaders of a near-by mosque. Her family is very scared. Everyone has been beating down on her for having witnessed; I mean believers are upset with her. She didn't go to the church meeting last Sunday, and told me she feels she has done a mistake in witnessing to them. She is afraid to walk the neighbourhood streets.

I couldn't contain myself while chatting on MSN. I told her those thoughts were from Satan to shut her mouth from witnessing for her Lord. She shouldn't have a guilty conscience over obeying the Bible. I told her she had more courage than those believers and that by censuring her they were appeasing their own conscience. I didn't leave a verse from Jeremiah, Joshua, Philippians or Timothy that I didn't have her read for encouragement.
That young lady did right before God Almighty in preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to lost people.
She left encouraged, knowing she was in the right before God, and that she needed to spend time alone with the Word to find courage and consolation.
She was pleading for prayer and so I send this out with indignation, that you pray for Roberta that the Lord might use her to shame those believers who would silence her into witnessing themselves and that the Lord might be maginified by having those who heard her be saved. She needs also our prayers that our Lord Jesus might deliver her out of all snares and keep her safe.
The Lord Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, and we are no better than anybody. People need to hear about the love of Jesus Christ and his death on the cross for their sins, just like once we were lost, heard, and believed

6 Comments:

  1. Matthew Celestine said...
    I shall pray for her.
    Consecrated said...
    I can feel you pain son. Will lift you both up to the Lord for comfort, for protection and for strength.
    Redeemed said...
    Courageous Roberta indeed. Those threats are from the devil himself. How embarassing is it that Believers are letting the devil use them to hinder her Faith.

    God bless her for her testimony.

    Will certainly keep her in prayer. Thank you for sharing this. We don't realize how good we have it here, in that people may get irritated that you are witnessing to them, but you won't receive legitimate death threats. Christian persecutions still go on in many parts of the world.

    May the Lord sustain them all in their time of need. I would love to meet Roberta some day.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow...people are that messed up? (I mean other Christians.) Well...I'm praying.
    Anonymous said...
    Faith
    I'm reaching for the prize...
    I'm giving everything...
    I give my life for this...
    It's what I live for.

    Nothing will keep me from...
    All that you have for me...
    You hold my head up high...
    I live for you...

    Greater is He that's living in me
    Than he that is in the world.

    Faith...I can move the mountain...
    I can do all things through Christ, I know
    Faith...Standing and believing...
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


    God bless you all in Jesus name! Thanks a lot for all prayers.
    Redeemed said...
    Amen, Roberta. That is beautifully said.

    Nice to hear from you.

    May the Lord bless and keep you safe and secure underneath his wings.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Modified by Blogcrowds